2 Tbsp margarine
1 onion, cut into thin wedges
2 cups broccoli florets
2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 yellow summer squash, diced
¾ cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground pepper
3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package direction, omitting salt; drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the margarine in a large skillet. Add the onion and sauté about 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables and chicken broth; stir. Cover and simmer about 6 minutes. Add the parsley, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the spaghetti to the vegetables; toss well.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese at serving time.
Serving size: 1-1/2 cups (makes 6 servings)
Calories: 225 Total Fat: 6g Sodium: 242mg Carbs: 37g Protein: 8g