So instead of hiding in the closet eating brownies we are trying 12 days worth of activities. And then when Im eating said brownie I can enjoy every single bite!
- On the first day of Christmas I took my family to see lights. Whether its in your neighborhood or at a local park the lights bring holiday cheer to everyone and the kids love them.
- On the second day of Christmas we bundled up and headed for a walk. Saturday mornings are a great time for the whole family to get out there. Our lovely city has now started enforcing parking meters on Saturdays. In the holiday spirit we put change in meters that were about to run out (I heard a rumor this is illegal but we are rebels what can I say).
- On the third day of Christmas we cleaned our closets and donated. Sure not the most exciting thing but clears out clutter and it is good for others what's not to love.
- On the fourth day of Christmas we had a movie night. Personal favorite: Christmas Vacation, slightly inappropriate for your kids so this may be an after bed time activity.
- On the fifth day of Christmas we wrote to our friends. I love Christmas cards but sometimes they aren't all that personal. My daughter loves to paint and sending those to loved ones is priceless.
- On the sixth day of Christmas we made decorations. These can be as easy or complex as you want. We don't have much space in our loft so our decorations were simply framed printables that we found online for free and a banner across a mirror in our living room.
- On the seventh day of Christmas we played some games. Our little one is still little so we had an adapted version of hide and seek. When I say adapted I mean she sits in the shower and pulls the curtain back and forth but it's cool. Point being the holidays are about family. Fun games around the house are in order!
- On the eighth day of Christmas we cleaned the house. So not fun, I know, but if your having people over you want it clean. Plus the feeling of a clean house gets me in cheery spirits.
- On the ninth day of Christmas we made place mats for our dinner guests. I used colored paper and let the little one paint to her hearts content then added names. Viola.
- On the tenth day of Christmas I went to bed early. Like real early we are talking 8 pm here people (ok this isn't actually that unusual for me but I can normally make it to 9)! Sleep is important especially during cold and flu season!
- On the eleventh day of Christmas we got a tree! Nothing gets me in the spirits more than decorating the tree and getting it is half the fun. And when I say that I mean half the fun for me, my husband might feel differently. Can we say grinch? "It's so cold out...why aren't you doing any lifting?"
- On the twelfth day of Christmas I made brownies with the kid...so I could eat them :) These aren't just any kind of brownies we made a pretzel crust and swirled Carmel throughout them. Try them you will never regret it!